August 31, 2009

Inside and outside my house

Inside the sewing is going on; it has been quite a long time since I have made
clothes, so I started with this little baby kimono. It turned out very cute and the baby's mother was
happy to receive it. The fabric is a replica of famous Dutch traditional costume fabric
Then, also on the internet, I found  this tutorial and I simply had to make me one.
It does not take much time, requires not too much sewing skills and makes a nice little gift. Use them for all the small stuff in your bag, or make-up, or for money, you name it!
My next one will be in a bigger size...
and finally I want to show this gorgeous July tree (click for a better view).
This one is at the entrance of our neighborhood,
but similar trees are in bloom all over the island at the moment.
Question: does anybody know how to remove the white border around my pictures? I chose the newer, upgraded version  for writing posts, but my old 'trick' for removing the borders does not work anymore.
Anyhow: have a creative start of September!

2 comments:

Julie Prichard said...

It's a beautiful tree, Regina!! Come look at my tree collaboration where we are watching trees change seasons... the info is on my side bar if you want to play along! xoxo

jgr said...

The kimono is wonderful!I like your tree, too.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin