Today one year ago she left the Netherlands for a year of backpacking in Australia. You can read some more in this post. The backpacking adventure came to an early stop because she got ill and eventually had to have a major surgery, of which she fortunately recovered well. Due to visits to doctors and recovering, she has been living in Cairns for the biggest part of her stay in Australia, where she made friends quite easily and has been enjoying the incredible beauty of the Great Barrier Reef as much as she could.
And now, today, she is returning to Holland!
And just like last year when she left, I dread the fact that I can not be there to welcome her back. This is, again, one of these moments that I hate to live so far apart from my children...
But hey, I live on Sint Maarten, which still is a DUTCH island after all, so from this overseas part of Holland I say to you, my sweet Laura,
WELCOME BACK IN HOLLAND
!!!!
We hope you can settle down again without any trouble, and we know that your many Dutch friends will certainly do whatever they can to assist you if need be.

No comments:
Post a Comment