March 6, 2009

Are you in for some COLOUR?

Since I expect to be very busy next week, and have an unexpected evening to spend on my own as my husband is stuck on one of the neighboring islands, I thought: let me try to do my brush-thing right now! Here is my process of something old, something blue and something new:
I started this experiment last year, really don't know what I
was thinking...
a la kindergarten cut out some freezer paper and used both stencil and mask...
though it's not clearly visible, I really used a brush with the acrylics,
then went on in my newest
addiction, playing with Photoshop

detail of a tablecloth we used with yesterday's lunch!

used layers, colorburning and what not in PS!
(I only just started learning, hence the word process, would not call it art, but I was having fun!

8 comments:

michelle ward said...

smart girl! taking that photo, then turning it into a PS tool! i think you should make a carving of the seashell - it's just asking for it.

Anonymous said...

AND NOW!!! Making a stencil from freezer paper a la kindergarten...BRILLIANT!!

Judy said...

I second Michelle the seashell needs to be turned into a stamp. I hadn't even thought of freezer paper for stencil. Thanks for bringing that up.

Regina said...

You are brilliant. I love the richness of your creations.

Kristin L said...

Lovely textures and layers. :-) I wish i had such a good command of PS.

jgr said...

These layers are gorgeous! Yes, a carving of the seashell - it's a MUST!

Chris said...

Hey, Regina, these are all good, even the first one! But LOOK at that stencil/mask thing! I love it. It looks soo cool. And how fun to use the tablecloth pattern. I love this look and I'm stealing it--borrowing---I'm going to come up with my own tablecloth and do the same thing! YAY!

Anonymous said...

Very clever, and love the hot colours you have used. Thanks for sharing with us.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin