March 8, 2009

GPP Crusade No. 29: more playing

Caribbean waters are too rough for swimming today, so I tried the brush theme once again!
Started with a waxy paper that was a bag for a surfshop in it's earlier life, tore it open, crumbled it and folded out again. I tried to imitate the batikked tablecloth of my second GPP entry, initially...
dry brushed Paynes Grey, Brilliant and Cobalt Blue

and here it is!
I listened to some of you and carved a stamp, applied it with white acrylic paint and across the surface it went

awaiting my punchinella, I made some p-ish myself with freezer paper and my
Crop-a-Dile

pounched gold paint through it at some places

and finally monoprinted the back of an alphabet stencil
in brown, hardly any letter visible, but brush effect all the more
(all pictures are clickable)
Have fun brushing!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love how your piece has turned out.. Really like the splash of rust with the blue tones... Great work.

Anonymous said...

So beautiful...lovely Caribbean palette too....and homemade punchinella...perfect!

Anonymous said...

that came out really nice! Great idea to use some old paper shoppingbags.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin