click image for details!
be working all right, it is not as difficult as I anticipated!
Whether you, my blog visitor, like it, that's quite another thing, since I did not get any comment
on my last posts, I'm in total doubt about that...
But: this blogging is for a good deal about my development as an artist, and as such
it helps me, especially when I reread my posts, which I sometimes do. Trying to get this development clear is important for me.
In the meantime I am following a 10 days online workshop offered by Shelley Klammer. I found this free workshop about "Freeing Deeper Creativity" and decided to give it a try. Shelley compares the inward images we see just before falling asleep or having just awaked with a spontaneous collage. So far I have been making about five very quickly done paper collages, just using two images from an old magazine and some words. There are hardly directions given, one simply (for me it is not simple at all) has to listen what this collage tells.
Today I had to collage about what I did not like, which is rather tricky, as I always look at pictures for their beauty, their wonderful colours, the balancing together. But I did it, this collage is built from things I despise: two men, father and son, of an important family (they are from a line of antiquedealers, at least they think they are important, one even met Queen Juliana of the Netherlands the words in Dutch say! So what, I then think). Well, all in all this picture of these men reminds me of the Calvinistic mood that reigned in Holland in my youth and can still be found in certain regions, the attitude against people from far away, looking for a better future, the not spoken of, but always present Old Boys Networks: things I obviously hate and have buried deep inside me. Just working with this picture brings it all back, so one could say my deeper creativity is there, and it has started to get out of every nook and cranny of my soul.
We'll see where this will lead to!
Out of consideration with the two men, I will not post this collage here, but I wanted to write about this, for I consider it as much part of my development as an artist as working in more subtle colours.
See ya!!

2 comments:
I like this piece, Regina- I like the boldness of the red and the blue combined with the lettering!
xo
I like it too. The colors are more subdued, and the composition is very sophisticated.
Post a Comment