February 19, 2010

Amsterdam

pillows before recycling

Amsterdam
diptych
In this post I wrote about recycling the blue pillows of the first picture.
This is how it turned out!
Why this title I can almost hear you think? Well, they bear the three Andreas crosses of the city logo, there are the famous canals (quilted in the grey blue linen), the multicultural population respresented in the various coloured fabrics, and: you can even see the red light district (which I think every foreigner knows!)
Almost sixty years ago I was born in this city and although our family left it when I was about eleven, it will always have a warm place in my heart!
Thanks for visiting, I wish you a very pleasant weekend,
Regina

2 comments:

layers said...

I heard about the red district in Amsterdam :-)
beautiful way to renew something into beautiful work of art

Leslie Avon Miller said...

Beautiful recycling.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin