February 12, 2010

Painted quilt

In this post I showed the above quilt. It was too neutral to my taste, lacked a hint of color.

A visiting friend agreed and when both of us took a detailed look at the quilt's fabrics, we came up with this rusty color. And yes, when the bubbles had been emphasized I could not resist to add some bronze acrylic paint too. I like it this way, it can be hung and shown, but I don't think it is for sale because I see it somewhere in my home, sometime...

Thanks for visiting!

6 comments:

Blue Sky Dreaming said...

Yes, the touch of bronze enriches the varied blues...quite beautiful!

Caterina Giglio said...

rust and blue are gorgeous together! and so is this quilt!

layers said...

I agree-- the rust and blue together are wonderful-- and I agree-- this should stay in your home--- I keep and hang some of my paintings sometimes

Rayna said...

Regina, if I had made this quilt I would not sell it, either. It is gorgeous!

gina said...

i have a thought currently bubbling away about keeping one's own artwork .. i think its important ... not only the attachments we feel but also as part of an ongoing timeline of work and growth ...

of course you have broken new ground here ? which should pop up in further works ... (aint it grand? this art thing) >>> Gina
http://ginaseye.blogspot.com/
http://fyneartstreasures.blogspot.com/

ELFI said...

magnifique travail..
avec un résultat exceptionnel..
elfi

Blog Widget by LinkWithin