March 23, 2010

From the archives

Hi!
After yesterday's pretty ugly SXM Unpolished picture, I am glad that it is time again for more beautiful stuff. I have been posting in the unpolished catagory during four weeks now and only introduced it the very first time, but yesterday I realized (afterwards..) that maybe I only chase away accidental passers-by on my blog by showing all this ugliness that's is alas all day reality for lots of people... Maybe it is better to write a little sentence that's pointing out my intention of this unpolished sxm photos.
The weekend was lovely with some goodies for me: it was Art Lovers weekend (yes we do have artists here, but mainly on the French part of the island). Once a year the artists of this organisation open their studio to the public and this Saturday I visited the lovely venue of Norma and Corinne Trimborn, two sisters that paint and who originally are from Germany. I enjoyed their art and as a bonus had the chance to refresh my German!
On Sunday the local Rotary organized a fleamarket for the very first time and as I am always the first one to tell how I miss that here, you can be sure this was my day! I 'scored' some books on Canada and Alaska, some novels and my biggest catch was an Eileen Fisher dress, brown tricot, almost new, not my size really but it has potential ;-), which means that I will remodel it and then will have a very fashionable new tunica that goes fantastic with my new pants. I love remodeling clothes, call it recycling or whatever, but for someone that can hardly find new fashionable plus quality clothes here this is like finding a treasure, you see?!

detail
now from the archives a little collage I did last year and have not shown until now: I only rediscovered it last week in the big book I wrote about last week
Bird
mixed media 5"x7"


1 comment:

Rayna said...

I love your collages, but I love equally your unpolished pictures. They are real life and they speak to me with their souls. Thanks for giving us both the beautiful and the every day life!
Rayna

Blog Widget by LinkWithin