March 17, 2010

Wild Alliance

It is all collage with me at the moment... I'm happily playing around in my studio, trying to find my style (and in doubt whether I will ever find it)

These pictures are from a collage I rediscovered in one of the big, heavy books that I use to store my collages. I was putting the latest results in, when I found this one among others that are either finished or still wait for that final touch ;-)

About a year ago, I think, I made collages inspired by Martha Marshall's blog .
I used a big patternsheet of an old sewing magazine as a base, painted big areas in all kind of colours with acrylic paint and pasted pictures and text pieces at random. Then, using a window (frame) marked 5" x 7" rectangles that I liked and cut these out: you get a lot of collages from one pattern sheet I can tell!!

I showed some of them in this and this post, below is another one:

detail

Wild Alliance
mixed media, 5" x 7"

P.s: I love how everything falls into place, it seems, when making collages!
Only one week ago I was sailing the Heineken Regatta, across wild seas between the islands of Anguilla and St. Maarten/St.Martin and now, one year after making it, I find back this collage and can only agree with the picture and the text: wild alliance

1 comment:

Caterina Giglio said...

oh you have a style, I see it, it is definitely YOU and YOUR work, but often we cannot SEE our own style. just keep on it and one day you will SEE it!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin