Internet has caused a lot of problems this week. There seems to be something wrong on the route from the responder on our roof to our inside computers. The provider tried to help, but only made things worse by reinstalling new software on our router, so now we don't have any connection left, arrrrrghhhhh... Time to work on my papercollages!
This tuesday I started four, in a modest colourscheme, laid out before I started to work. All went super, I was following a workshop on the internet (was possible still then). Put on several washes of acrylic paint and then did something stupid: varnishing what I had then. Had the intention to paint slightly over that afterwards, but as soon as I had put the varnish on I realised that I had made a mistake, I think this is called 'learning by trial and error', isn't it?
So I had four pretty interesting backgrounds ready, not in my usual style at all, as a matter of fact they looked kind of ' Italian, or Middle Age-y' to me, but I liked them. Then I was stuck: how to finish them, or one? Painting being no option I concluded that only building further on the collage would do, so this morning I found proper images for two of them, will show the collages as soon as we're online again. No pictures today, as I am internetting from the Public Library.
I think this weekend I will mainly use the advantages of Paradise: going to the beach for a tan and a swim...
Have a great weekend!
1 comment:
I know the feeling of making a 'wrong' choice and then scrambling for a way to go on...you are in such a nice muddy mess of art making and creating! ha
Enjoy the sun on your skin and a great swim!
Post a Comment