collage, 6.5" x 4.5"
magazine cut-outs
magazine cut-outs
on watercolour paper
Hi!
As you see the collage looks quite different from what I anticipated yesterday. Thinking about how I could achieve in paper a similar veiled result like the one in my last post, I jumped to the conclusion that this way of working is not right; it would have taken to much trouble to imitate it in paper and you can even wonder if this is desirable.
Digital collaging has different possibilities than the 'real stuff' as someone once called paper collage to me, both are artforms that deserve their own character and recognition. Now I really have experienced what I already had read and heard ;-) Btw: I looked up the correct meaning of the word: smitten and I feel pretty ashamed, because I found out that this particular word may have sounded quite bragging to you. And being the beginner that I am, I hope you will understand that I did not mean it this way, sorry for that! What I did mean was that I liked and was enthusiast about the effect of that digital collage. And not being a native speaker it can happen that I think a word is correct while it isn't at all, that's the finetuning I miss...
On with the collage: I made four of them this week. These four are quite simple, just tearing and cutting the magazine pictures in colours that I liked, the subjects are different but the colour scheme is more or less similar. Caribbean Girl is the first one of this week's series. Like the yellowish digital collages of last week, it makes even me feel happy (and I am not exactly missing sunlight!).
Thanks for visiting, more collage work tomorrow,
Regina

3 comments:
I can see the link between your quilts and your digital collages-- it is color
Hi Regina,
Oh I love all of your work! The digital collage and the traditional-both are lovely. I look forward to seeing more.
I enjoy your paper collages, they are so full of color.
You might get the veiled effect you crave by using a Japanese lace paper as your final layer. There are many patterns of lace paper to choose from and they become nearly transparent when you apply acrylic medium to them just leaving a lacy pattern over the subject.
Post a Comment