
When I looked what technique Michelle Ward did come up with for this month's crusade, I felt a shot of recognition, thinking: this is stuff I know!
After reading her explanation thoroughly several times (I try to be a little serious with my work, which feels more like playing to me...), my initial reaction was followed with doubt, as I saw all the different ways to create brush effects. What I tend to do then, is wait and let it sink in a little.
But yesterday I visited a friend of mine which is on the island for some time. She is a professional painter and since I had not met her for a long time, I showed her art journals and collages that I had made after we saw each other last year. And while browsing through all these pages, I saw that lots of brush effect in my work was readily available. So, awaiting new work after diving into this month's technique, I show some details of former brush work. These are details of pages in my art journal and I too prefer to leave them as they are, without putting more stuff on them
as I tend to use very bold colours
and am usually fond of contrast!It's so funny that my friend managed to analyse my work and made me aware how much it reflects my present life

This page I rediscovered yesterday. Right after making it, I thought it very ugly, maybe because it did not meet my expectation then, now I love it, how is that possible?
Experience, growth, developing style and skills?
If you're in for some eye-candy, want to participate and meet other creative souls, do visit GPP Street Team! There is a button at the right of my blog that takes you there.
And Michelle, thank you once again for your inspiration and challenging us all!

14 comments:
gina - terrific visuals of brush effects! I agree with you - sometimes you enjoy the texture on a page so much that you don't want to add anything to it. Many of my journal pages are just painting experiments. Thanks for sharing your work with the team - fun that you realized you've been doing it all this time.
oops, i didn't check before i confirmed the comment and i see that the first two letters didn't get typed in - REgina is what I meant to say :) *smacks head*
Hi Regina,
WOW! Your pages are beautiful, great texture and yummy colors, too. Thanks for sharing.
-Jane
Regina your pages are really great! I too have realised that I have already incorporated some brush effects into my previous work. Thanks for sharing!
Some beautiful stuff on this post. Yum!!
These are so pretty! I know what you mean too...I use brushing in the same way..I can't wait to try the crusade this month..you make everything look amazing!
I love how you have tied portions of the pages to each other, following patterns over collage elements. These are yummy.
Beautiful pages. I love your colors.
Thanks for sharing.
I totally agree with you, Regina. As you know from your visit to my blog, sometimes I love the results of brushwork so much that I don't want to obscure it. Your work here certainly falls in that category. Lovely!
Thanks for stopping by and your kind comments.
-- JeriAnn
Your colors and brushwork are gorgeous. My favorite is the top one. (You may have suspected that since I've been obsessed with circles.)
Lovely pieces.
Michelle Brown
Melbourne Australia
Love your pages. They are beginning to help me get off my duff and do this challenge. Thanks for your inspiration. Marlynn
Regina, your toned down pages are very beautiful! Liking a page you didn't enjoy at first has happened to me several times. I think it's about taking a step back, resting your head and then looking again. :-) It's a nice surprise and a lovely feeling!
Regina, these are beautiful, almost haunting. I love the last one, that you didn't like at first. Organic feeling to it.
Post a Comment