Last Sunday I posted about the Hindi-Bindi book I was reading and my intention to restart my Indian cooking. So in the afternoon I took out all necessary ingredients, put them in the right order on the counter and after a lot of chopping and cutting the party could start!
as often, the start was made by heating oil and letting onions get slightly brown, together with a cinnamon stick and some cloves
this is the situation after tomatoes and lots of different spices have been added and a very lengthy and gradual dilutation of the gravy, just before putting the marinated chickenbreast cubes in sauce. I even had energy left to make some chappati's
the results: a delicious authentic Indian meal. Though it took me 2 1/2 hrs to fix it (pffff) I think it was worth the effort, for it tasted so good, so different from what you can buy ready made in the shops. Slow cooking, the Indian way!(to be continued (but not too often :-)
3 comments:
This looks delicious and has made me feel very hungry. Thank you for sharing your Indian dish.
The colors look so good...just delicious looking! We have very good Indian restaurants but I don't know how to order....any simple suggestions...a main course and a couple of side dishes, (not too hot) just to get a general taste?
Lekker! ;-)
RD
Post a Comment