March 19, 2010

This week's collages (2)

Ik Heb Eb
5"x7"
This title needs some clarification I think. 'Ik heb eb' means asmuch as: 'I have low tide'. It is the sea's answer to the question: how are you? I found this little poem of Franck Eerhart in an old Dutch magazine. It is a kind of dialogue between the sea and a visitor and I like its simplicity:
ik zie de zee/I see the sea
de zee ziet mij/the sea sees me
dag zee hoe gaat het?/ hi sea, how are you?
ik eb, zegt de zee/I ebb, says the sea
wat heb je? zeg ik/what do you have? I say
ik heb eb/I have eb
doet dat zeer?/does it hurt?
nee, zegt de zee/no, the sea says
een zee heeft geen zeer/seas don't have pain.
Frank Eerhart
Both collages are made in the technique of my previous post, paper collage, gesso, acrylics and stamping with stamps made by me.
Buckle
5"x7"

3 comments:

Caterina Giglio said...

i think these are a wonderful balance between the figurative and the abstract, just wonderful!

Leslie Avon Miller said...

What a fun poem. Goes well with the colors of your work. Thanks!

layers said...

the colors of the sea-- depicted in the poem and your nice collages.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin