(images are clickable)
This was my view yesterday while driving on a very steep and narrow road that is leading to one of our beaches at the east side of St. Maarten. The island in the distance is St. Barth's, it belongs to the French Antilles and it is said that several Hollywood celebrities have a home and like to spend some time there. I visited it in 1983 when it was not yet invaded by the jetset, it was a lovely island at that time and indeed very, very French. Yesterday I was captured by the grey sea and sky, which is pretty seldom here, and I must say that I always feel very happy when the sun decides to not show up for one day, reminds me of Holland...I then get active and energized immediately (would this be something Pavlovian I wonder?)
picture: Historic Santa Fe, NMBut I would rather not return to such a grey climate! A little bit of turquoise and other colors will always be preferable, oh and some sun please!
with a little bit of fantasy, of which I am sure most readers have plenty, one could see this as a heart. I shot this picture in MAdrid along the Turquoise Trail, it could have been put there for me, how could I not see and make a picture of it?!Today I decided to show this picture, because I just read that I am the lucky winner of Rayna Gillman's giveaway on her blog, you can read about it here
While I am a long time fan of Rayna and her art, you will understand that winning this beautiful scarf makes me very happy today, I will wear it happily and with pride.
Thank you so much, Rayna!
And on another note: the greyish weather made me start some new work. Last week I have been playing around with the sewing machine and made myself a jeansskirt. It has been ages since I made this kind of clothes, with all the accented seams and details like nails, but I must say that it was fun to do again. Then I saw a nice scarf (I am a scarf lover indeed) in Denyse Scmidt's book and made me one for our upcoming trip to the Netherlands. And finally I started some fiber art. It is in the very beginning phase, but I am thrilled to see if my plan evolves in the way I want, this may sound a little bit cryptical, but I am sure you get the idea. Will show results as soon as there are some
In the meantime I wish you a very good Tuesday!
2 comments:
Thanks for visiting grandma willow and your comment! First, the turqoise stone is definitely a heart! Love the trunk and tree bark you've shown on an earlier post and the first photo makes my heart melt! Beautiful.
So there is a fantasy island-- sounds wonderful. and I always have the imagination to see a heart shape in a rock.
Post a Comment