May 6, 2010

More circles? Not yet...

A few weeks ago I wrote about another colleague of my husband that was fighting for her life. On Friday April 30 last Oralie died. And so this has been another strange week, with my dengue fever slowly on its way back, some helping out at the office and knowing that Oralie was to be buried today.
Of course I have witnessed the funeral of quite some family and good friends by now (since I'm almost sixty years), but today was, again, very special. Oralie's gasket was at the entrance of the little church on the French part of the island where the service was held. She looked beautiful as always, not scary at all, just as if she was asleep.
In nothing it resembled the catholic church that I grew up with. Not the building, not the people, nor the service itself. Impressive, bittersweet and so good to be there. After church her body was being driven to a tiny graveyard in the neighborhood and we all walked behind the car with her body. All trafic had come to a halt along this small country road near one of our famous beaches at Orient Bay.
At this moment I feel like this whole blogging 'thing' is pretty useless, I wonder if I must go on with it. But I also know that maybe I need some time to recover and get things into the right perspective again.
The digital collage above I made last week: just some simple little shells on some quilted panels, edited somewhat in Photoshop. To me it is the picture that represents my feelings of today...
Thanks for visiting,
Regina

9 comments:

Gerrie said...

Regina - sometimes we need to just feel the pain. It will pass. We will be here waiting to see your lovely collages. Thinking of you with fondness.

Regina Piroska (Gina) said...

hello ... as a stranger i too wish you warmth and brighter days soon ... we 'know' its a process but sometimes when we FEEL, process doesnt matter ...

later ...

and its interesting that your focus currently is circles ... you know, the circle of life, wholeness and sun/moon ...

take care >> Gina

Caterina Giglio said...

oh my dear, even though we know what the outcome will be we still have to cross the threshold don't we.
I am sending you virtual hugs and hope that you feel better, feel well soon. I agree with Gina, the circles show that you will return to wholeness.
as for blogging, why don't you take a break and see how you feel about it when you return? please take good care of yourself. xx's cat

jgr said...

Regina, I'm thinking of you at this sad time and sending you hugs and warm healing thoughts.

barcann said...

don't give up on the blogging. Sometimes we just need to take a break but don't give up.
I am sorry about the death of your friend. it seems lately a lot of people we know have died too. We have been to a funeral almost every week during the month of April. Yesterday I had a funeral and a wedding to go to. That was very strange.
Keep up your spirits and keep up your blogging.
Barbara

http://barcann.livejournal.com/

Mostly Turquoise said...

Gerrie, Gina, Caterina, Jane and Barbara:

Thank you all so very much for your sweet and wise words, it is good to know that there are people out there who understand the feelings/doubts I am going through. I won't give up on the blogging, of course not. It has given me some precious friends over time, somewhere in the world where I could not find them on the island. It has given me a place of my own, to share my art (attempts) and lately my thoughts too; I would really be lonely without them, so no, I won't give up on blogging. I too can see symbolism in the circles, of life, of friendships... it is just that sorrow seems to be bigger than the wisdom we bear inside us. Thank you very much once again,dear friends, for your support and your friendship,

Love,

Regina

kate i said...

Regina, I've been dropping in off and on for awhile now and just wanted to say hello. I'm sure the Dengue must be horrible and on top of the losses you've been dealing with, I can understand the feelings of discouragement. My thoughts on blogging (this is my 5th year)is that it ebbs and flows with life. Sometimes I have lots of enthusiasm for it and lots to say and at other times, not so much. It comes and goes.

I hope you stay with it but give yourself the distance you may need now and then as well.

I enjoy your Caribbean point of view Regina and your thoughts on the creative process. Be well soon. ((hugs))

Mostly Turquoise said...

Kate,

Thank you very much for your nice words. My doubt about blogging was caused by the death of two dear friends, that made 'everything' I do look so trivial at the moment. Otoh: I surely don't want to miss my special place on the web and I guess I already am recovering from the loss, your sweet comment surely helpes with that,

Regina

Lucky Dip Lisa said...

Thankyou for the link up, my work does look similar to that photo! Isn't that funny. I'm doing another circle post tomorrow (all going well...) so will include a link back to this post.

Sorry to read of your illness and friend passing. I hope life gets back to normal for you soon.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin