October 7, 2010

The Lionfish

The lionfish is entering our Caribbean waters.

It has no natural enemies and is said to threaten the species that have their habitat here. It also is very poisenous for humans. As often, I wonder how something so beautiful in itself, can have such a dark side. The news had me make this collage, a combination of the fish, a sea urchin and a picture of my art with tiny shells

Lionfish


digital collage

3 comments:

jgr said...

Regina, this is beautiful! I love the fresh neutral colors and the texture.

Caterina Giglio said...

absolutely beautiful! and to think that something this threatening could inspire such beauty... hope you are safe and dry, I watched the weather channel to follow your storm looks like a lot of water and flooding... xo

Julie Prichard said...

Beautiful, Regina!

We have lionfish at Sea World in the aquarium...so fascinating to look at!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin