The city of Zevenaar, where we're staying with our son, is small and quietly situated near the German border. Unlike our island Sint Maarten, where lots of people we meet are from far away, the people in this Dutch city are grounded and tied here. You can feel that when you walk the streets, the people seem to see that I am not from here. This afternoon, on my daily walk, it was slippery and at an unexpected moment I fell, out of the blue. Immediately people came and offered to help me, to give me a ride, and I was not even injured!
I had brought my camera and this is what I saw:


and this facade made in brick stone...

2 comments:
Beautiful architecture, Regina. Thanks for the visit.
Dutch architecture is so unique and your photos are gorgeous. I love all your photos from Holland.
Thanks for sharing, Regina, and Happy New Year!
Post a Comment