May 25, 2011

New work

Three of these squares were the design for the work below


Translation series #8
I started with plain white pfd cotton, that I painted with textile
paint and diluted acrylic, stamped and stencilled and
finally raw edge appliqued


Translation series # 9

This one came out more neutral, which was one of my goals
Normally I work in bold colours, so it was pretty hard for me to stick to
my original plan,maybe that's the reason that it has much contrast.
I was told the design looks like a bird in flight, which I can see also,
but it surely is not intended to be 'something'.
To me it is abstract, the letters are not words either, you can make your own!

Translation series # 10

The fragment with text was added by me,
because I thought the design was missing something.
This decision appears to have turned it into a tree,
with a giant piece of fallen fruit on the ground

Originally I was going to make four pieces that could be hung in a square.
The fourth did not cooperate, I tried and I tried, but it did not please me at all.
Too havy, to dark and all my attempts to bring some light in it, failed.
I then jumped to a very simple solution: "Just forget it, throw
it away!", which I did.
Having worked sufficiently outside my comfort zone for the moment, I am looking forward
to the next one which is forming in my head

Thanks again for visiting!

1 comment:

Julie Prichard said...

Hi Regina- these are beautiful...I love them as a series.
xo

Blog Widget by LinkWithin