February 21, 2012

A day of beauty

...that was Art in the Park 2012 on Sint Maarten!
A day full of visitors, young and old, a day of compliments and mostly positive remarks for my work, like the other years I was very happy to hear this all and in the end I was exhausted... So much so that I only now get to posting, I have been busy sorting and packing stuff for our coming move to Spain! Back to Art in the Park now:

my translation series shown together, although in a rather primitive setting, but you get the idea!
Rastafarians selling some kind of food; unfortunately I was too busy talking all day to have a look at the other artists booths


A local celebrity, Elektra, she is a radio host on this island and a very nice and colorful lady! The public that visits Art in the Park is a delight to look at, everybody dresses up so nicely...


there were not many sales in my booth and I understood this was the same with other artists: crisis seems to have hit our island also. I am so happy that I don't have to pay the bills!


Children playing in the drumband following their leader's instruction.


this lady was selling handmade dolls. She was dressed in one of the traditional dresses herself and got a lot of attention because of her beautiful, festive outfit


and last but not least one of the young children towards the end of the day. I have made it a goal for this last year on Sint Maarten to picture peoples faces, it is a good start don't you think?




In the meantime I have been enjoying other nice happenings: more on that shortly, promise!


Thanks for visiting, as always


Regina

2 comments:

jgr said...

Hi Regina, your work is beautiful and I like the photos of people, too.

Ronald said...

Zeker goed gelukt mam!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin