June 23, 2013

Gates


On Sunday mornings I like to walk and get to know the neighborhoods of our village by the sea...
I simply love the details you can see at this speed! The shadow pattern of this gate was stunning


today's walk took me uphill first. This is an upscale neighborhood and this gate was at the entrance of a huge driving lane to a posh villa. The bird statues were on both sides of the gate.


and though this one is humble, I think I like it best. The house was simple,  yet elegant and then the bougainvillea!
At this time we see lots of flowers and blossoming here on the Mediterranean coast. Oleanders, roses, plumbago, jacaranda, to name a few...
Today I was looking back at some posts on my blog that I wrote while living in the Caribbean. 
If you do that too you will notice the change in colors in my pictures. They are still colorful, but not so exuberant. It is exactly what I expected: more sun and color than in Holland, but less relentless than the heat of the islands...

See  you!

Regina

1 comment:

Caterina Giglio said...

lovely photos ... such beauty!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin