Dear reader,
Finally a post from me in Spain...
Renovating a house is once again encompassing, it takes the utmost of me and after dinner at night there simply is no energy left to blog.
I must say that I am beginning to really miss the artsy/creative side of life before moving!
It is over a year ago that all my stuff has been packed in boxes and only little has been unpacked, firstly because of our temporary living and after that because of the renovation of our own house.
But hey... a few more months to go and we will live in a beautiful and very comfy house, I reckon it is worth waiting...
So in order to change our minds for a few days, and to accompany our daughter who was visiting, we made a midweek trip to Valencia. This old city on the east coast of Spain is about an hour's drive from our village, which is situated more southern.
Valencia is a gorgeous, very beautiful old city. We visited the old historic city centre, which is full of cathedrals and churches, the central market, the old silk trading place, and of course many lovely village squares. In the southern part of the city there is a ultramodern 'city' that was designed by the famous architect Calatrava. In the storyboard above you see parts of the roof and other structures of this ' Ciutat de artes i ciencias'.
On this day we visited the science museum, which was located in the building to the left. The huge aquarium we did not visit, since it was a very hot day and many families with little children were visiting that day.
The rest of our trip we spent shopping and we left the area of Valencia with a dinner in the National Park of Albufera, where rice for the famous paellas is grown.
Thus far our little escape from renovating...thanks for visiting my blog!
Regina

4 comments:
Succes met de verbouwing en ik snap dat je je creative werk mist, maar er komt echt snel een tijd dat je weer volop aan het werk kunt in je orachtige nieuwe omgeving.
it looks as though you are having a great time in your new home, even with the renovations.. enjoy!
Ah yes I know that itchy waiting to do art feeling.a. It will never pass!!!! But you WILL get back to it. Meanwhile enjoy the break and do little bits of art? I am enjoying your move and renovations. Gina ( I too am Regina)
Dear ladies,
I am sooo loving your comments, and your patience and faithfulness, thanks a lot!
Post a Comment