March 23, 2009

Avatar, me?!


Hi,


As you may well know, our family of five is living in all parts of the world. Our two sons are living in The Netherlands, our daughter is backpacking in Australia and is presently applying for a permanent visa (!), and we, the parents live in the Caribbean...

Thanks to modern communication we manage to keep in touch and updated on a pretty accurate level. One of the programms we use is Hyves.

Today I posted a new picture on my account, since I didn't like the old one so much. Guess what: only a few minutes after this change, I got a reaction on Hyves from our oldest son: "BTW: did you change your avatar"??? Oh dear, me, an avatar??

Long time ago I heard of such a thing for the first time, and from what I remember of those days (I was quite a digibete in those days, compared with today!), it was kind of an ideal women figure, looking like Angelina Jolie somewhat, at least that's what I remember now, that was an avatar... And even now, after so many years, the very first thought that jumps in my mind, is a picture of Angelina (now that is a true Pavlov reaction, isn't it?).
Now, everybody that knows me in person, can confirm that I look everything but her, I'm looking like a typical Dutch lady of my age (I think). which is: strong, solid, fairhaired, not Agelina-lookalike at all. When I looked upon the word Avatar in the dictionary, I got these results:

1. Hindu-religion: descent of a God in the form of a human being or animal ( again: me?!)

2. archetype, embodiment, incarnation (of whom, of what, wish it could be Picasso, his art, not his personality!)

3. exposure, revelation, manifestation (maybe it is this one...)

Just to show that I am a real person of flesh and blood, I have for one time posted a picture...

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin