April 5, 2009

I'm in doubt

SXM Yachtclub

When I received an invitation of the SXM Yachtclub to exhibit I embraced the opportunity, for there are very few chances on this island to show what I make, what I am so fond of
and love to do more than anything else.
So the question: what is the best place to sell my products? is a luxury one here, I simply can't be dainty in this respect. Opening an Etsy-store does not work either with the high shipping rates to send mail abroad.
Hence, although I received quite some positive feedback, I am in doubt whether I will continue sewing these small fabric items like bags, cushions, coasters etc. O.k., I sold some of the little bags that I made last week, but had to take back home again all my lovely (at least so they say...) pillows, shoppers etc,
I simply have to admit there is no need for that stuff here, and that is it!
So I more or less decided to stop making them, to give them away when I need to have a present, to spice up my own home with them and move on.
But then: move on with what??
I'm afraid there is no need for collages either, I know things would be very different should I make jewellery, for that's what the ladies kind of 'dive' upon immediately when seeing it, no really, maybe you have the same experience!
I will use next week to make up my mind, in the meantime preparing our trip to the USA, who knows what clever solution will come up, or what useful tip I will read in your most welcome comment. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin