
My 10 days workshop about Deeper Creativity has come to an end.
I have always thought that I was pretty much aware of my personality, who I am, not always sure of myself, not that, but thinking I kind of knew myself.
It is not that by following this workshop my whole world is tumbling down, or that I feel completely lost, feet in the air as opposite of down to earth (oh I feel my English is poor at this...). But the content of the lessons introduced me to the phenomenon of Inner Self, the part of us that lies deep within us, in which we unconsciously bury the stuff we don't want to be seen on the surface of our lives.
What we see at this surface level is how we have learned to behave and feel, influenced for a very big part by our environment, our education, and the society as such, this resulting in more or less desired behaviour. The inner self seems to hold the more obscure, less beautiful parts of us and the workshop is trying to bring them out and let us eventually love our whole being (surface ánd inner self).
This is how it works:
You make a very simple collage in the morning, just a few pictures and some words. Not focused on beauty, design and all kind of other art rules, no just ripping or cutting and glueing the pictures on a small piece of paper. Then you have to let the collage 'speak' to you during the day and possibly it shows a meaning somewhere in the evening. I admit, it may sound very spiritual, and yet I feel it could work.
Now what does the collage above tell me?
My love of flowers is known to me, as is my love of colours, and to some extent my love for the unknown, possibly represented by the Chinese (?) text.
But the words were initially chosen without any meaning, I just liked the words, but on second thoughts these words seem to describe the essence of this workshop:
Hide and Seek
-what is it that lies Hidden within myself?
-and how do I Seek for it deep down?
Maybe the next collages reveal this secret source of creativity for me,
maybe ...
No comments:
Post a Comment