August 7, 2009

Yesterday's collage

(you can click the image for more details)
was made of these pictures:


we witnessed this gorgeous sunset near a place called
Head-smashed-in Buffalo Thunder
in Ft.McLeod, Alberta, Canada

It is a very special place, of which I will write a separate post one of these days
Yesterday's digital collage started with this sunset picture,
then I added

this drawing.

It is situated in the interpretive center that is part of this Unesco World Heritage site
The first result was too dull, there did'not 'happen' enough for me,
so I added this guy
which in fact was an ugly wooden statue at the entrance
of a roadside visitor center where we had coffee. When seeing it, I was immediately
intrigued by his barb of nails, seeing possibilities for use in my collages.

As I wrote yesterday, I try to make my digital collages in more subtle colours for some time. I am a selftaught PS-er, far from experienced, and by setting this goal I hope to expand my knowledge bit by bit.

One thing I''m wondering: did you like my explanation of how I compose collages?
I would love to hear from you, I really do...

Enjoy your day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your work is beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing ... the work, methods, and inspiration. It's all instructive.

Renee Howell said...

Beautiful! I am learning PS4 (I assume that is Photo Shop 4). Taking an online collage class in June - I need to be an advanced beginner by then. YikeS!

Love your laying of photos - I need to learn that! I'll be back to check on your learnings.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin