This is the original design in paper that I referred to in this post.This morning I finished nr. 3 , so I am halfway now and still enjoying this way of making art quilts!
The work below is my fabric translation of the top right design.
As you can see I have allowed myself more freedom already in my choice of fabrics, for I chose a rather painterly part of the top I mentioned instead of the pastel yellow part of the design. Though this fabric makes the work somewhat busy (maybe even very...), I still like the total effect.
Now nr. 3 is also finished, I see big possibilities in combining these in all kind of sequences. I just have to make sleeves for hanging these, will do that once the six are all ready. It's likely I will make a divided sleeve, so that I can hang them both horizontally and vertically.
Translations #3
13 x 13"
hand dyed and painted cotton, organza, polyester, arylic paint
raw edge applique, machine quilted
Thanks for visiting, to be continued...

No comments:
Post a Comment