(collage of magazine rip outs and pastel crayon on paper)
My interpretation in fabric. Trying to follow the design as closely as possible, while at the same time allowing me freedom if I want to.
It is a true balancing act, for if I allow myself too much freedom I fall back into old habits and favorite choices, and the goal was to work outside my comfort zone.
The three little art quilts I made until now do look very well together, also combined with the larger panel shown in this post. I look forward to make the next three, but that will be next week.
Today is beachday!
thanks for visiting, as always,
Have a great Sunday,
Regina


3 comments:
Met bewondering naar jouw werk gekeken. Erg knap, een creatie met opnieuw een sterk gevoel voor kleur en vorm/vlak verdeling. CHAPEAU! Groet van Yolanda.
Love the idea of working in collage and translating it to cloth.
Spring might be coming but we haven't seen much evidence of it yet:-(
Hi Regina,
I really like what you're doing here! I love your translation idea. A great way to get out of a rut, I predict!
(And thank you for your kind comment on my blog).
Post a Comment