(click to enlarge)
Finally I finished my travel journal of 2012, the last time we toured the USA in our motorhome before moving back to Europe. In this trip we went from Buffalo NY via Ohio, Kentucky, Tennessee, North Carolina, Georgia, South Carolina to Florida where our car was shipped.
Fortunately I kept a handwritten journal during our voyage, so it was not just memory at work...
In the journal I have added pictures too and while doing so, I once again browsed through the many visual remembrances and they really help to bring back other facts and especially the details.
These images led to composing a series of dyptichs that I call 'The Americas' and above you can see my first one. We saw this very strange western grill fixed at a car in a museum in Nashville. I am curious how many of you recognize it and know its former owner? Answer in my next issue!
The second image is made in a shop in Cherokee, an Indian, rather touristic village just South of Smokey Mountains Nat'l Park.
Nothing spectacular, just images of peculiar (to us foreigners that is) things we saw on our way... that together with the people and the landscape gave us an overall idea of America.
Have a wonderful Thursday!
Regina
Btw: the dyptich action is one of many action and storyboards that can be downloaded free from this blog

No comments:
Post a Comment