September 25, 2009

This week

starting with the back of the quilt
and slowly revealing

the front!
- This week I was without internet, for a change!
By now I have learned not to be (too) frustrated and decided to use this extra time for swimming, walking and lots of reading in our hammock, for it is hot these days...

- also this week I started managing all the (fabric) stuff that is in our house, omg, what was I ever thinking??!! This will take a lot of time, since there is way too much. There are:

fabrics bought years ago for making quilts
fabrics for making clothes
and fabrics for making all kind of other 'fabricy' things

No pictures of this proces, for surely you can imagine this mess!


- last but not least: this week, on 21 September four years ago, I moved to this island

*****

All this activities led me into 'memory lane'
of a time when there was no (or hardly) internet, when I was living in a farmhouse with husband and three children, was having a demanding job, and at the same time used every minute left to make quilts, quilts and more quilts.

So today's pictures show this very traditional Feathered Star quilt, made by me, in 1995 (or was it 1996?) and though I don't ever want to make quilts like this anymore, I will always cherish this one...

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin