I followed a short collage online workshop with Shelley Klammer.
The purpose was to free your creativity, by making a quick collage at the start
of every day during the course. Without much thinking (it had to be done quickly!), without being bothered by design principles, technique choices etc. Then during the day you had to let the collage speak to you... I must say that this is the most difficult part of it, being a rather down to earth person, but yet the meaning of the collages keep me wondering:
Why did I choose the word enduring mysteries? And why did I choose these particular images?
It is true that I am intrigued by the unknown, which is presented by the religious and asian symbols in this collage.
But maybe it is not important at all to have the answers, maybe just 'wondering why' is enough...

2 comments:
Oh, the workshop sounds like fun! I have always thought your work has a sense of 'mystery' and sophistication.
Your work seems to just flow - I see the inspiration your travels brought to you and now this course too. I hope tomorrow to go to one of the beaches (Klaloch) you went to in my state - Washington, and then to Lake Quinault. I hope I am as inspired as you have been!
Post a Comment